Sunday, August 17, 2014

Teagan's Birth Story

Monday, August 4, 2014

Had my 40 week Doctors appointment. I was super anxious and was hoping for some good news. Like....let's get this baby out today! My hopes were not completely shot down...Dr said I was 2 centimeters dilated and he would induce me on my due date which was Thursday the 7th. Of course I was a little disappointed. 3 days felt like 100 years away! 

Thursday, August 7, 2014

5:00am: Arrived at the hospital. 

6:00am: Nurses started me on pitocin. This is the medication that starts labor and kick starts contractions. At this point I was still only 2 centimeters dilated. 

8:00am: Still no contractions. Dr came in and broke my water and still only 2 centimeters dilated. I was starting to get really discouraged due to the slow progress but within minutes I started feeling contractions and ordered my epidural. 

9:00am: Received epidural and progressed to 3 centimeters. 

11:00am: Moved up to 5 centimeters 

12:00pm: Justin decided to go to lunch with his parents while I tried to take a nap. Nurse came in and asked me if I was feeling any pressure. I guess she saw a spike in contractions on her computer. I wasn't feeling anything different but she wanted to check me. I had jumped to 7 centimeters and she said that she thought I would be pushing within the next hour or so. Nurse called the Dr to let him know. 

1:00pm: 8 centimeters dilated. Feeling tons of pressure and of course my epidural wasn't helping at all. I could completely move my legs which typically you aren't suppose to feel from the waist down. So of course I was super nervous. 

1:30pm: 10 centimeters dilated. The nurse asked me to start with a practice push to see where baby was at. I had told her about my bad experience with Brody by having to push for an hour and a half so she didn't want to start pushing too soon. After my first push she tells me very calmly...Ok, now when your next contraction comes I don't want you to push. Just breath through it. The baby is right there....I found out quickly that that was almost impossible not to mention painful! Nurses were quickly on the phone to see where my Doctor was. 

1:45pm: My Dr arrived and I was allowed to start pushing again. 

1:52pm: After about 2-3 more pushes our little Girl was born! 

Teagan Paige Wolf
August 7, 2014
1:52pm
8lbs & 20.5 Inches

 {The night before my induction.}
{5am at the hospital and ready to go! }


{And she is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!}
 {8lbs and 0.5oz! Of course the hospital rounds down...}





 {Holding his little girl for the first time.}

 {Right after her first feeding}

 {First Bath}









{Big Brother meeting Baby Sis for the first time}






  
 {Getting prepped for our first Family pic}

{Next afternoon...we are headed home!}
{He was pretty excited to have sister home!}
 {The next morning we had an early morning wake up call from this little man!}
{Meeting Uncle David for the first time}

No comments:

Post a Comment