My due date had finally arrived but Brody was no where in site. Went and saw the Dr. and I was dilated 2cm. Yay! Dr. says baby is ready...lets induce you Thursday at 5pm. Best news EVER!!!! I had just started my maternity leave so I could now relax and prepare for our baby boy!! We were so excited!!
Thursday, November 29, 2012
3:00am: Woke up with some pretty painful cramps. Took a Tylenol and tried to go back to sleep but the cramps kept waking me up. They were not consistent so I wasn't sure if it was false labor or the real deal. I walked around our bedroom and drank some water but the cramps weren't letting up.
5:00am: By this point I am in some serious pain. Justin had woken up and was trying to comfort me. The contractions were still not consistent but had me completely paralyzed every time one would come around.
5:40am: Decided to take a shower to see if maybe that would help. Contractions were still not consistent. I was told if they are 5 minutes apart for an hour then to go to the hospital. But they were anywhere from 4-12 minutes apart but still pretty painful. Needless to say, shower didn't help and we decided it is time to get ready and go to the hospital for a labor check.
9:00am: Arrived at the hospital. Nurses took me to be checked right away. I was 4cm dilated and 100% effaced. It was baby time!! They put me in a wheel chair and wheeled me to our room. By this point I am craving some pain meds!!
11:30am: Dilated up to 5cm. Nurse was discussing possibly giving me Pitocin to speed things up but thought I was doing good on my own so decided to hold off.
12:15pm: Dilated 6cm. Dr. came in and broke my water. Pain became even more intense after that.
12:30pm: Finally got the Epidural. This is seriously the miracle drug. I was able to relax and sleep and felt no pain.
3:15pm: I'm starting to feel lots of pressure at this point. Nurse came to check me and I was dilated 8cm! Woohoo! Things were moving along nicely and still did not need any Pitocin.
5:20pm: Nurse came to check on me and I had moved up to 9cm. I was starting to get really nervous. I was feeling tons of pressure and thought my Epidural wasn't working but the nurse insured me it was and that it was good that I was feeling something or else I wouldn't know when to push when the time came. Still I was not a happy camper.
7:00pm: Dilated 10cm!! Time to push!!
8:30pm: After a hour and a half of pushing, our little boy finally arrived!! Best moment of our lives!
11:30am: Dilated up to 5cm. Nurse was discussing possibly giving me Pitocin to speed things up but thought I was doing good on my own so decided to hold off.
12:15pm: Dilated 6cm. Dr. came in and broke my water. Pain became even more intense after that.
12:30pm: Finally got the Epidural. This is seriously the miracle drug. I was able to relax and sleep and felt no pain.
3:15pm: I'm starting to feel lots of pressure at this point. Nurse came to check me and I was dilated 8cm! Woohoo! Things were moving along nicely and still did not need any Pitocin.
5:20pm: Nurse came to check on me and I had moved up to 9cm. I was starting to get really nervous. I was feeling tons of pressure and thought my Epidural wasn't working but the nurse insured me it was and that it was good that I was feeling something or else I wouldn't know when to push when the time came. Still I was not a happy camper.
7:00pm: Dilated 10cm!! Time to push!!
8:30pm: After a hour and a half of pushing, our little boy finally arrived!! Best moment of our lives!
Brody Paul Wolf
Born November 29, 2012
8:30pm
8:30pm
7lbs 7oz
20 Inches
Going Home!
First time in his car seat
Ellie doesn't know what to think
I survived my first night!
First sponge bath!
No comments:
Post a Comment