Thursday, May 24, 2012

13 Week Ultra Sound

So yesterday I had my 13 week ultra sound which is apart of something called a Prenatal Screening Test. What that is is a series of tests that consists of an ultra sound that is taken at a specialists office, and 2 blood tests which are taken before the end of your 1st trimester and 2nd trimester. These tests are to see if baby has any signs of down syndrome and a few other birth defects.  This is offered to all pregnant women but are not a requirement but I thought better safe then sorry.  Plus they can sometimes see the baby's gender!!

Baby looked great! Everything checked out just fine and we passed with flying colors! Wooo BIG relief!
Baby was moving all over and was giving the nurse a hard time since she had to take its measurements. Baby measured at 13 weeks 5 days, so a few days bigger then what my doctor originally told me but the Nurse said my due date will most likely not change.

*3D picture of Baby Wolf! How cool is that!*

So I know what you're thinking...COME ON LACEY WHAT'S THE GENDER?!?! Now the nurse said that they are required to say that this is not 100%. When we have are 18 week ultra sound is when we will know FOR SURE! BUT the nurse and even the Dr. were confident in their judgement.

So as soon as Justin and I sat down in the room we told the nurse that we definitely wanted to know the gender IF she could see it.  So got down to business..baby wolf popped up on the ultra sound screen..and the nurse says "Ooohh I just saw it, but let me take all my measurements first then we will take a closer look." I don't think we could contain our excitement! So we waited, and waited, and waited. Ok now the fun part! So the nurse moves down the baby's body so we could get a good "in between the legs" shot and she says "Well, it definitely looks like you are having a................................

BOY!!!!!!

 *The arrow explains it all!*
*In between the legs. Look at that cute little booty!*

I think Justin almost fell out of his chair! The Dr. came in soon after and when the nurse asked her what she thought it was she said "Oh ya you are having a boy!" We are so excited! So now we wait and see if Baby Wolf is still a boy for our 18 week ultra sound! But, I doubt there will be any change! The pics look pretty obvious to me but what do I know. So there you have it! Here are a few more pics from the ultra sound. ENJOY!

*Front view of the face*
*Another side view*
*Baby's arm and hand "Hi Guys!"*
*Both arms and hands*

1 comment:

  1. He looks like Justin...I'm starting to cry..so cute and wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete